Friday, February 8, 2013

East Meets West

Photo by Juliana Jensen

Juliana Jensen was delighted to discover our Pyromid when she visited the Mullins estate as part of the Gualala Arts Suiseki Viewing Stones weekend . She told me she thought the structure suggested a hybrid merging of European architecture and Californian coastline geology. I think she has the best slant of anyone on the subconscious influences that shaped my thinking when I designed it.



Yesterday I photoshopped a 'montage pyromid' based on her idea, using the photos below . 

 Photo by Juliana Jensen

Photo by Juliana Jensen


Nostell Priory Gothic Arch
Nostell Priory Gothic Arch
This folly arch formed the entrance to the Menagerie gardens designed in the 1770's

© Copyright Paul Brooker and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.