Thursday, September 20, 2018

Rock and Rail Music



Just let me see some of those ‘rock and rail’ wall pics
Posts stuck in the earth,  with stones ‘fixed’
It’s got a great look, you can't beat-it
Here is one we’ve just completed
It's kinda like a rock & rail ‘combo’
If youre using stones and trees,
When youre building walls like these.

I've got no kick against modern tools
Unless they try to build them and they break the rules
And lose the beauty of the harmony
With mortared rocks- I simply can’t agree

That's why I go for those rock and rail dry walls
Especially curvy when they’re built tall
Its got a cool look, you can't fake it
Any old time you make it.
You gotta make rock and rail music
If you want your fence to sing
If you wanna see it sing

I took some photos across the posts
Showing railings way more sturdy than most
I must admit they stand up to wind and rain
Man, they could probly take a hurricane 

That's why I go for that ‘rock and rail’ fence style
I guess It makes it more tensile 
If you do landscapes, you should try it
Just one time for a client
It's gotta be ‘rock and rail’- choose it,
If you wanna do the job 
Using only rails on top.

Way out East I saw a big rock fence
And though some stones were immense   
There still were gaps where sheep got through
There were no posts there to fix rails to

Thats why I like ‘rock and rail’ walling
Nothing gets through crawling.
It's got a high rack, you can't scale it
Any old time you nail it

It's gotta be rock and rail fencing
If you wanna wall in things
If you’re setting fence posts in

Don't care to hear 'em talking ‘barbed wire’
Or using chain link startin’ higher
Thats way too ugly for enclosures
And sheep can’t stand that much exposure

That's why I go for that ‘rock and rail’ concept
Any other way seems inept.
It's got the rest beat, that’s the skilled bit
Any old time you build it.

It's gotta be ‘rock and rail’ dry stacked
That is what I wanna see
That is what I wanna see.