Tuesday, February 25, 2014

A sad Groundhog Day




Writer director Harold Allen Ramis died on Monday February 24 at the age of 69
One of his films, Groundhog Day, is my all time favorite comedy.
I very rarely watch a movie twice, but this one I've seen many times and still enjoy subtleties I missed on previous viewings.
It also has a very spiritual message. There is a 'timeless' cathartic redemptive quality to it.

I can't think of how any of this relates to 'thinking with my hands' except to say that our hands learn after days and days of monotonous continuous practice (and rebellion), how to do some amazingly beautiful and useful things. 

Here's to a man who showed us how to laugh at the repetitiveness of our existence, and get through each same day with a smile.


10 Facts You Didn’t Know about Groundhog Day