Monday, December 31, 2012

Both Sides



Both Sides is a compilation of photos of a year's worth of dry stone travelling and building. It's been inspirational and very much a learning time for me working with some really talented people. 

I hope this video (using words and Music by Joni Mitchell) does not seem too introspective. I think we as wallers do well to keep things in all kinds of perspective. 

Anyway Thinking With My Hands is now three years old.

It's been a bit of a challenge at times to keep going, but  the crazy (mostly stone-related ) things that keep unfolding around me makes the 'job' of sharing what my hands 'think' a very pleasing daily exercise.

Stay tuned for more fun.

Happy new beginnings to you all. 

John S-R

3 comments:

  1. John, That was excellent. All the best in 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful year in pictures JSR. You are a credit to the the wonderful world of Thinking With Your Hands. I look forward to
    enjoying your future endeavours in 2013. Happy New Year from abroad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was awesome,both moving and inspiring. Especially considering some of the other things that went on last year.
    So good to see real craftsmen (and women)applying and developing their trade.
    Hope you keep this going for many years to come.

    ReplyDelete